Jordan is currently senior managing director with Lazard Freres & Co, an investment banking firm. He is also on the board of directors of corporations including American Express, J.C. Penney and Dow Jones & Co.
- Leading civil rights activist, who organised boycotts and demonstrations and led voter registration drives in the South
- 1961: Played a critical role in winning a lawsuit against the University of Georgia for racial discrimination against two black students
- 2001: Awarded the Spingarn Medal by the NAACP for lifetime achievement
- Holds honorary degrees from more than 70 colleges and universities in America
- Notable clients include: former US President Bill Clinton